This class is over.
Bachelor/Master Project (4 SWS/9 ECTS)
General: Topically related algorithms are studied, implemented, evaluated, or developed further. Algorithms are selected from ongoing research in the algo group. This course can also be used as preparatory for a subsequent bachelor or master thesis.
In this semester, we are going to develop and implement tools for the analysis of player configurations during soccer matches. Using player tracking data as input, geometric algorithms will be implemented to determine features of tactical formations and their realization during a match. The project is associated with the seminar Soccer Analytics.
Prerequisites: Working knowledge of algorithms and data structures. Good programming skills in Java, C++, or comparable languages.
Dates and Times
- Coordination meeting: Wednesday 23 April 2014, 18:45-20:15 in room PZ 1001
- Team finalized: Wednesday 30 April 2014, 18:45-20:15 in room PZ 1001
- Task analysis & risk assessment due: Wednesday 7 May 2014, 18:45-20:15 in room PZ 1001
- Project plan & milestones due: Wednesday 14 May 2014, 18:45-20:15 in room PZ 1001
- Presentations & documentation due: 10 July 2014